Episode 20 of the All Things TechIE podcast covering:
- New Year so a look at the best and worst tech products of 2019
- Best and Worse Tech Products of the last decade
- Best and worse tech products at CES2020
- Look forward to ISE2020 and what is coming up in future shows
A completely unscripted show where we are joined by guests who are AV and Technology professionals from across the world, both public and private sector to discuss how easy, or difficult it is to work from home.
Not forgetting the technologists and AV pro's who are working behind the scenes to make sure that Higher Ed and private sector companies run flawlessly during the Covid19 pandemic.
Justin Dawson is joined by:
- Graham Kirkpatrick - NEC (UK)
- Michell Loret - Mostly AV Podcast CoHost (USA)
- Chris Neto - Starin Marketing (USA)
- Noel Kennedy - Involve (UK)
- Mike Slammer - Discovery Channel (USA)
- Adam Harvey - Uni of Herts (UK)
- Joe Way - Uni of Southern California (USA)
- Who should provide the technology to work from home?
- Should employees be using their own equipment?
- Whats the best Virtual Meeting software to us?
- Whats the recommended hardware?
- How should you set up your home office to work remotely?
- The pressures of children at home while you work
We learn how Joe Way has been testing work remotely and Online Learning at the Uni of Herts where they had 18,000 live Zoom calls operating simultaneously. But this is dwarfed by Mike Slammer and his stats for the Discovery channel! The UK is putting plans in place and Adam Harvey speaks about what Higher Ed is doing in the UK and the Uni of Herts. How will Covid19 affect AV shows such as InfoComm 2020? Do employers both private and public sector trust employees to work from home correctly? Chris Neto gives his views. We discussed what Covid19 would have been like 10 years ago without the technology the world has now.
Of course we welcome comments and feedback on the show. We covered several angles and will probably do another similar show as the Covid19 pandemic continues to grow and disrupt working conditions globally.
Recorded 19th March 2020 as Ireland celebrated quietly its St Patrick's Day festivities 2 days earlier.
We still continue to work remotely, several job losses across Ireland as pubs, schools and playgrounds are closed due to COVID-19.
Meanwhile we speak to guests from the UK and USA about what steps are being taken to combat the COVID-19 pandemic spread and whether their company or Higher Education is ready for virtual meetings and working remotely. Who will mind our children? Where will the Children play?
- Mark Coxon - Tangram Interiors (USA)
- Joe Way - Uni of Southern California (USA)
- Michelle Lorrett - Mostly AV Podcast CoHost (USA)
- Ifatt Chaudry - CDEC Ltd (UK)
- Rob Hyde - Uni of Bath (UK)
- Tim Albright - AVNation.TV (USA)
- Jason Ward - Involve (UK)
Episode 23 of the All Things TechIE podcast where Justin Dawson is joined by Michael Slammer and Graham Kirkpatrick to discuss Zoom, Zoom Bombing, Zoom security, BlueJeans being bought over and whether or not 5G has anything to do with the Corona Virus.
Episode 24 of the All Things TechIE podcast where Tim Albright founder of AVNation.TV is under the spotlight.
Episode 25 of the All Things TechIE podcast where Justin is joined by Kaleo Lee, Sales Manager at Brightsign LLC Kaleo is under the spotlight explaining how he joined the world of AV.
Episode 26 of the All Things TechIE podcast where Simon Lang has started a new AV role and tells us what he will be doing in his new job.
Justin's celebrated his 37th birthday and got some new tech, a smart watch. So we talk about wearables pros and cons. Also in the show:
- Australia records highest internet speed Will we ever go back to the office after COVID-19?
- Facebook launch virtual meetings Whatsapp increases to 8 partipants , originally 4.
- Netflix charging for "Dead" accounts Son Kills Father Zoom Chat (WEIRD story!)
- Man sentenced to death via Zoom (Courts online!)
- Cambridge to teach fully online for a year Irish GDPR with Twitter/ Facebook
Dont forget to visit our website at www.AllThingsTech.IE where you can find all our episodes, more about our podcast and how to be a guest, comment and subscribe to future shows
In Episode 27: The Unboxing of "KeySmart - with Tile smart Location" AVIXA - IC2020 & Virtual 5K run and Justin speaks with Nate from Goat-2-meeting
We recommend you view this episode on YouTube as it is a virtual 5K walk as part of the AVIXA Fun Run for the AVIXA Foundation and InfoComm 2020 Justin takes to the beaches of North County Dublin in Skerries for his 5K virtual walk.
Episode 29. A short episode where Justin hosts the show with a new female co-host Rosie! Rosie is a bit shy so doesn't show her face to camera. Ireland phase 3 re-opening with COVID-19. Simon Lang is away visiting family for the first time in months. We discuss: 100,000 Zoom participants in one call. Is this a record? Apple re-closes 70 of their stores in the USA due to COVID-19 Google still paying billions to Apple to be their main search engine Apple Maps, does anyone still use Apple Maps?